I love parties...even more I love to help plan parties. So when Lacie asked me to help plan my niece Bradee's seventh birthday party, I was stoked. Even though I can't believe she is 7...what?! I wish the pictures would have turned out better. It looked so cute and bright up against the window..downfall..everything was back lit..so I had to close the blinds and turn on the flash for some of these. This party was a joint Overman effort and I think it turned out darling. She was getting a fish tank and fish for her birthday, so we went with an 'under the sea' theme.
Megan made these tissue paper pom-poms. They made such a dramatic effect and gave height and dimension to the look. John hung the 'fish net' from the ceiling and filled it with balloons.
Lacie made these darling fish cookies that we put into a styrofoam block wrapped in wrapping paper and ribbon.
We used the 'colorful cupcakes' recipe to make these fun cupcakes. I made the cupcake toppers...
and the labels for the treats...
and favor bags..
These cute little boxes were what the kids got to put their candy in from the pinata...
Janers made these cute mermaid skirts for all of the girls to take home. How fun right?!
I also made the birthday invitations and the birthday banner in the background. (click to enlarge) There were a few other things I wanted to make, but just ran out of time. Most importantly, Bradee loved it. All in all, I'd say the party was a splash. :-) I crack myself up.













3 comments:
Seriously! It was the cutest birthday party.
I am so shocked that Anna was smiling when she got her picture taken - maybe cause she knew she got to eat all that candy next! lol.
Wow! So darling! I wish I knew you better so I could get you to help me throw a surprise party for my upcoming 16-Y-O and 18-Y-O. I am so at this stuff. You have a knack. Thanks for posting. Maybe I can learn something you do for the littles that I can apply to the bigs. The use of color for example!!! Super cute!
Wow. I am Speechless!! Talk about one lucky little girl!!! :) Love it!
Post a Comment