This dessert has become a staple with our family. It's easy, quick, cheap, and versatile. Sometimes we throw in some raspberries, top it with toffee chips, this time I had lots of cadbury eggs, so I threw them in the brownie batter. It's always a hit!
1 (19.8 oz) brownie mix. (make sure it makes a 9x13 pan of brownies)
1 (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup water
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
16 oz cool whip
chocolate candy for garnishing
Prepare brownies according to package directions and let cool completely. Sometimes I start the process too late to let them cool on their own. So I line the pan with foil, pour in the batter, bake, then remove from the pan and put it in the freezer for a little bit. Cut into 1 inch squares. When preparing brownies I like to use 3 eggs instead of two and add chocolate chips to the batter. In a large bowl combine pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth. Fold in half of the thawed cool whip and mix until there are no streaks. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish layer half of the brownies, half the pudding mix, and half of the remaining cool whip. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto the top layer for garnishing. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment